Quakers arrived in what is now called southern New Jersey in the late seventeenth century. By the early eighteenth century, settlers were farming and living on the lands near Raccoon Creek. They traveled for worship to other meetinghouses and were officially under the care of Woodbury Preparative Meeting. In 1756, the settlers of East Greenwich began holding meeting for worship in the home of Solomon Lippincott. Within three years, Quakers had built a meetinghouse and a graveyard near Lippincott’s home. “Solomon’s Graveyard” has been and still is maintained by local Quakers. In 1785, Woodbury became a Monthly Meeting and elevated Upper Greenwich to the status of a Preparative Meeting. In 1799, a new larger meetinghouse sitting at the corner of King’s Highway and Cedar Road was completed. In 1919, friends added an annex to the back of the meetinghouse. In 1954, Upper Greenwich Preparative Meeting became Mickleton Monthly Meeting. Over the years, renovations have been made to the meetinghouse with the most recent being a new roof added in 2012.